THE TEMASEK TIMES

News and views from an unique perspective

Archive for March, 2012

Senior Vice President of bank patronized C-cup teen prostitute thrice because of ‘excellent’ services

Posted by temasektimes on March 31, 2012

One of the sixty men who were hauled up for investigations in connection with an online vice ring is a Senior Vice President of a bank in Singapore.

He has since tendered his resignation from the bank last month.

According to his friend who spoke to the media, the banker patronized a popular teen prostitute marketed by the online vice ring at least three times due to her ‘excellent’ services.

“It’s not just the sex. She has a way with men and knew how to given them the girlfriend feeling,” he said.

The freelance teen prostitute reportedly also worked as a model and is quite ‘well known’ in Singapore’s clubbing scene.

Besides the senior banker, other men involved include a senior banker, a company director, a senior vice-president of a private company, lawyers, a senior police officer, a primary school principal who is married with a child as well as a scholarship recipient.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Related articles:

60 men may be charged with having sex with underaged C-cup teen model

Posted in News | 15 Comments »

Police: We will not hesitate to take action against those who spread ‘false information’

Posted by temasektimes on March 31, 2012

The police has issued a stern warning to Singaporeans to stop spreading ‘false information’ about unverified cases of ‘kidnapping’ on social media or face the consequences for their actions.

Since a netizen ‘Allison Goon’ shared her experience of almost having her child led away by a PRC lady at Ang Mo Kio Hub two weeks ago, suspected ‘kidnapping’ cases have surfaced in Simei, Tampines, Yishun and Bukit Panjang.

The latest incident about a Malay girl being ‘kidnapped’ in Tampines Street 22 turned out to be hoax as the police has confirmed it did not receive any police report on the case at all.

Neither was the Primary 3 boy from Griffiths Primary School who reportedly went ‘missing’ on the morning of 29 March ‘kidnapped’ as well as the school principal Madam Yap Weng Ha has smsed concerned parents clarifying that the boy simply took a bus home without informing anyone.

In the statement released to the media, the police clarified that investigations into the matter are on-going and so far, nobody has been  ‘kidnapped’ or ‘abducted’, adding that it will not hesitate to take action against anyone who ‘knowingly’ spread the rumors.

Singaporeans should heed the police’s warning seriously as it will be joke if they end up being arrested instead of the suspected ‘kidnappers’ at the end of the day.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Related articles:

School principal clarifies: Boy was not ‘kidnapped’

Police to public: Don’t circulate ‘kidnap’ postings

Suspected ‘kidnap’ case in Tampines: Police told resident investigation is private and confidential

Resident asked Baey Yam Keng: Was a Malay girl really kidnapped at Tampines Street 22?

Police now investigating suspected ‘kidnapping’ case at Northpoint Shopping Center

Suspected ‘kidnapping’ at Northpoint: Child’s stroller almost taken away by PRC man

Baey Yam Keng: I hope the culprits get caught soon

Another suspected ‘kidnapping’ case at Simei?

VIDEO: Hong Kong girl almost ‘abducted’ by two PRC men at amusement park

More suspected kidnapping cases by PRC women in Singapore?

VIDEO: PRC police kidnapped boy and harvested his organs

Police warn Singaporeans not to spread rumors about suspected ‘abduction’ at Ang Mo Kio Hub

VIDEO: PRC man tried to abduct primary school children in Hong Kong

PRC couple tried to abduct Singaporean child at Ang Mo Kio Hub?

Posted in News | 4 Comments »

VIDEO: PRC prostitution ring provides demure underaged college students for SEX and other ‘services’

Posted by temasektimes on March 31, 2012

The recent busting of an online vice ring with sixty men being reported having patronized an underaged teen model has shocked the entire nation, but such vice rings marketing the sexual services of girls below the age of 18 are common in China where the vice syndicates often work hand in hand with the local police to service the politicians, civil servants and businessmen.

A prostitution ring in the city of Zhengzhou, Henan province, provides college students below the age of 18 for sex and other ‘services’. According to one Singaporean working in Zhengzhou, it is not uncommon to see pimps handing out cards touting the ‘services’ of these students openly to drivers at busy road junctions, commuters at the subways and customers at KTV lounges and hotels.

Two journalists from a local TV station went underground to film the entire process of a 18 year old school girl they ‘ordered’ being ‘delivered’ right to the doorsteps of the hotel who demanded RMB$300 for a ‘full service package’.

Watch the exciting video below:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Related articles:

60 men may be charged for having sex with underaged teen model with C cups

Posted in Videos | Leave a Comment »

Temasek Times is now the ‘Number ONE’ socio-political site in Singapore

Posted by temasektimes on March 31, 2012

For far too long, Singapore’s blogosphere has been dominated by two socio-political blogs – the ‘Temasek Review’, now known as ‘TR Emeritus’ and ‘The Online Citizen’.

In the last month or so, one new site using just a ‘wordpress’ domain name – ‘The Temasek Times’ has emerged from nowhere to challenge them and eventually build up a readership higher than both.

It took ‘The Temasek Times’ only three weeks to exceed the traffic ranking of The Online Citizen, and six weeks to overtake ‘TR Emeritus’ despite an obvious ‘handicap’ caused by its format.

According to the latest statistics from web analysis site Alexa.com, ‘The Temasek Times’ is now ranked the 120th most visited site in Singapore:

[Source: Alexa.com]

‘TR Emeritus’ is now five places behind at 125:

“The Online Citizen” is ranked far behind at 273 with a readership less than half of ‘The Temasek Times’:

The ranking is calculated based on the average number of visitors and pageviews. ‘The Temasek Times’ has far less pageviews than ‘TR Emeritus’ and ‘The Online Citizen’ because of its simple wordpress design and template which means that it needs to have a higher unique number of readers daily to ‘compensate’.

Despite its stunning success, ‘The Temasek Times’ is only a PROTOTYPE to build two new sites with their own domain names which will emerge when the background preparations are completed – a serious socio-political commentary site and a tabloid news site with the long-term strategic view of going into print eventually.

As such, we are now looking to build an editorial team for the new socio-political commentary site which will no longer accept and publish articles from anonymous contributors to build up credibility and respectability.

We are also looking for freelance journalists and photographers to run the tabloid news site. Students are most welcomed to apply and they will be paid on a fee-for-assignment basis.

Interested advertisers can contact us to advertise your products / services for FREE, but due to the overwhelming number of requests and restricted amount of space available on the site, we are sorry we will only reply to successful applicants.

If you are interested to join us in this exciting project, please email your resume to us at:

temasektimes@yahoo.com

 

 

Posted in News | Tagged: , | 2 Comments »

Goh Meng Seng: I have ‘absolute’ right to attack Nicole Seah on my blog

Posted by temasektimes on March 31, 2012

Despite being ridiculed by both the mainstream and alternative media alike for his ‘irrational’ postings on his blog, beleaguered former Secretary-General of the National Solidarity Party (NSP) Goh Meng Seng continues to show off his ‘intelligence’ online.

In a latest post written in Chinese yesterday, Mr Goh attacked Zaobao’s columnist Yew Lun Tian for unfairly dismissing her ‘analysis’ as ‘illogical.’

“I have ‘absolute’ right to express my views on my personal blog (including those attacking Nicole Seah). It is unfortunate that my comments were taken out of context by the media to distort the message,” a visibly upset Mr Goh wrote.

He added that he has been very ‘cautious’ with what he posted online and he is doing so from the perspective of an ‘independent’ political observer. Mr Goh is currently not a member of any political parties and he has been actively proffering his ‘unique’ views on the notorious Sammyboy Forum (not the PORN site).

Mr Goh has been attacking NSP’s star politician Nicole Yeah of late after she ‘embarrassed’ him publicly by issuing a clarification on her Facebook not once, but twice to demolish the wild rumors started by Mr Goh that she would be fielded in the Hougang by-election.

In an earlier post, Mr Goh remarked in a sarcastic manner that Nicole was too ‘immature’ for politics and ‘advised’ her to ‘control’ herself and learn some ‘self-discipline’:

“She (Nicole) should be more responsible and not treat certain important matters in a frivolous manner…..For example, when I first proposed NSP sending Nicole to contest in the Hougang by-election, she came out to clarify immediately she would not do so. What if NSP decide to send her in the future?”

Meanwhile, the state media continues to give ‘extensive’ coverage to Mr Goh’s online gibberish to portray the opposition in a bad light while massaging his self-inflated ‘ego’ and sense of importance in the process.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Related articles:

Goh Meng Seng attacks Chen Show Mao and Nicole Seah

Goh Meng Seng proposes PAP field Tay Ping Hui in Hougang by-election

Goh Meng Seng continues personal vendetta against WP

Goh Meng Seng disappointed with WP MPs

Goh Meng Seng accuses WP MPs of ‘plagiarism’

Political analysts slammed WP MPs for ‘plagiarism’

Academician on Chen Show Mao’s plagiarism

Pritam Singh accused of ‘copying’ work of others

Chen Show Mao accused of plagiarism by netizens

Posted in News | Tagged: | 4 Comments »

Lawsuit filed to wind up ‘Dian Xiao Er’

Posted by temasektimes on March 31, 2012

Will Singaporeans soon lose their favorite herbal duck from popular restaurant chain ‘Dian Xiao Er’ for good?

According to a report by Business Times yesterday, the minority owners of ‘Dian Xiao Er’ has taken its parent company ‘Soup Restaurant’ to court for ‘oppressive treatment’.

In retaliation, Soup Restaurant which owns 51% of ‘Dian Xiao Er’ has responded by asking the court to wind up its operations. The plaintiffs want the court to order a buyout in either part’s favor or wind up the company.

[Source: Business Times]

The news caused some concerns among fans of ‘Dian Xiao Er’ who fear the unique recipe for its herbal duck may be lost in the event it is closed down.

Posted in News | 1 Comment »

PRC man wants to buy HDB flat in Singapore, but owns an apartment in China

Posted by temasektimes on March 31, 2012

A PRC man who owns an apartment in China asked fellow netizens on Lion City Forum if he can still purchase a resale HDB flat in Singapore:

“I want to buy a resale HDB flat in Singapore, but I have an apartment in China. Can I still buy? Will it have any effect on my purchase?”

(想在新加坡买转售HDB,但国内有套房,这样的情况可以买吗?会有什么影响吗)

Under a new ruling introduced last year, PRs must declare if they own any properties back home and those who have are not allowed to purchase resale flats unless they dispose their existing property within six months upon the completion of the sale of the resale flat.

One PRC netizen replied:

“Don’t think it matters. Who will go to China and check? Only need two PRs to buy a resale HDB flat in Singapore.”

(没有吧,谁会查到国内去啊…两个pr就可以买了)

Another PRC netizen added:

“Usually won’t check, but you need to sign a document declaring that you do not own properties overseas. If discovered, your HDB flat will be repossessed and the money you paid for it will not be refunded.”

(一般是不会查的,但是你买的时候是需要签一个没有海外资产的文件的,如果查到房子没收,交的钱不会退。)

In most other countries, public housing is reserved for citizens only, but in Singapore, PRs are allowed to purchase resale HDB flats which contributed partially to the sky-rocketing prices in recent years.

Not only are the housing policies lax, PRs are also not subjected to a capital tax gain when they sold their resale flats thereby enabling a number of them to make a hefty profit when they sold their flats and leave Singapore for good subsequently.

 

Posted in Commentary, Scoops | 6 Comments »

School principal: Boy was not ‘kidnapped’, but just went ‘missing in action’ only

Posted by temasektimes on March 31, 2012

The principal of Griffiths Primary School at Tampines Street 22 Mrs Yap Weng Ha has sent a SMS to concerned parents clarifying that a primary 3 student of the school who reportedly went ‘missing’ on the morning of 29 March 2012, was not kidnapped.

According to SMSes which were being circulated around earlier, a primary 3 boy from Griffiths Primary School was ‘lured away’ by a stranger at around 7am before he was able to enter the school compound:

[Source: Facebook]

The school principal has since clarified that this is not the case:

“Dear Parents, Greetings from Griffiths. To keep you informed, the hoax msg circulating in the new media regarding kidnapping of a P3 boy is NOT true. In fact, this boy left sch around 6.50am on 29 mar after having arrived in sch bus. School conducted search for him…Police found him safe near home at 11am same morning. He took bus home without informing anyone!”

[Source: Facebook]

The boy reportedly took a bus home himself without informing anyone, prompting a manhunt by the police in the neighborhood. He has been ‘counselled’ for his wrongful act.

Meanwhile, the recent Facebook posting on a Malay girl being ‘kidnapped’ in Tampines turns out to be a hoax. The police said no police report was lodged with regard to this case, and they will not hesitate to take action against those who knowingly spread false information.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Related articles:

Police to public: Don’t circulate ‘kidnap’ postings

Suspected ‘kidnap’ case in Tampines: Police told resident investigation is private and confidential

Resident asked Baey Yam Keng: Was a Malay girl really kidnapped at Tampines Street 22?

Police now investigating suspected ‘kidnapping’ case at Northpoint Shopping Center

Suspected ‘kidnapping’ at Northpoint: Child’s stroller almost taken away by PRC man

Baey Yam Keng: I hope the culprits get caught soon

Another suspected ‘kidnapping’ case at Simei?

VIDEO: Hong Kong girl almost ‘abducted’ by two PRC men at amusement park

More suspected kidnapping cases by PRC women in Singapore?

VIDEO: PRC police kidnapped boy and harvested his organs

Police warn Singaporeans not to spread rumors about suspected ‘abduction’ at Ang Mo Kio Hub

VIDEO: PRC man tried to abduct primary school children in Hong Kong

PRC couple tried to abduct Singaporean child at Ang Mo Kio Hub?

Posted in News | Tagged: , , | 2 Comments »

Police to public: Don’t circulate ‘kidnap’ postings

Posted by temasektimes on March 31, 2012

The Singapore police has issued another statement to the public not to spread ‘unsubstantiated information’ about unverified ‘kidnapping’ of children recently which may cause ‘unnecessary alarm’.

Responding to queries from the media, the police would only say it is ‘aware’ about the postings circulated online about young children being reportedly led away by strangers in public places and that they are ‘investigating’ them.

In the latest posting on its Facebook, the police said investigations reveal there is no kidnapping or abduction so far:

[Source: SPF Facebook]

Meanwhile, the latest rumor about a Malay girl being ‘kidnapped’ in Tampines Street 22 turned out to be a hoax as the police confirmed did not receive any police report on the case. It added that it will not hesitate to take action against anyone who ‘knowingly’ spread the rumors.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Related articles:

Suspected kidnapping case in Tampines: Police told resident investigation is ‘private and confidential’

Resident asked Baey Yam Keng: Was a Malay girl really kidnapped at Tampines Street 22?

Police now investigating suspected ‘kidnapping’ case at Northpoint Shopping Center

Suspected ‘kidnapping’ at Northpoint: Child’s stroller almost taken away by PRC man

Baey Yam Keng: I hope the culprits get caught soon

Another suspected ‘kidnapping’ case at Simei?

VIDEO: Hong Kong girl almost ‘abducted’ by two PRC men at amusement park

More suspected kidnapping cases by PRC women in Singapore?

VIDEO: PRC police kidnapped boy and harvested his organs

Police warn Singaporeans not to spread rumors about suspected ‘abduction’ at Ang Mo Kio Hub

VIDEO: PRC man tried to abduct primary school children in Hong Kong

PRC couple tried to abduct Singaporean child at Ang Mo Kio Hub?

Posted in News | 1 Comment »

AGC: Application for Hougang by-election ‘wholly misconceived’

Posted by temasektimes on March 31, 2012

During a closed-door hearing yesterday on an application filed by a Hougang resident Madam Vellama Marie Muthu calling on Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong to call for a by-election in Hougang within three months, lawyers from the Attorney-General’s Chambers argued that the application was “wholly misconceived” and “unarguable in law and fact”.

They added that PM Lee has already declared his intention to call for a by-election in Hougang during a parliamentary session on 9 March, but has yet to decide on the timing yet.

Under the Constitution, a by-election must be called when a seat of a single member constituency is left vacant for whatever reasons, but no fixed timeline is stipulated.

The matter was debated once in Parliament in 2008 and both MPs from the Workers Party Low Thia Kiang and Sylvia Lim voted against a motion started by then NMP Professor Thio Li-Ann to impose a 3-month dateline for a by-election to be called.

The seat of Hougang was left vacant less than one year after the General Election following the sacking of its ex-WP MP Yaw Shin Leong from the party for his alleged sordid extra-marital affairs with multiple married women, including a neighbor from China.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Related articles:

Desmond Choo: More Hougang residents are seeking my assistance

NMP: Hougang by-election likely to be held in last quarter of 2012

Rumor: Ang Mo Kio GRC and Hougang SMC to hold by-elections together?

Low Thia Kiang introduced Png Eng Huat to Hougang residents

Dilemma faced by PM Lee in calling for a by-election in Hougang

Desmond Choo to set up unemployment center in Hougang

Hougang residents: We won’t trust WP easily anymore

Hougang by-election application to be reviewed by supreme court

The right time to call for by-election in Hougang

PM Lee blames Workers Party for causing seat of Houagng to be vacant

PAP may send signal that it does not respect right of voters

Hougang resident files affidavit in High Court

PAP woos Hougang residents with free nursing services

Desmond Choo: I am ready to serve Hougang residents

Posted in News | 4 Comments »

 
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,098 other followers