Complaint about ‘Butterflies and Cakes’
Posted by temasektimes on August 6, 2012
I would like to address the recent issue that involved comments made by Butterflies and Cakes which offended quite a lof of people. including myself.
At around 1630h on the 3rd August 2012, I came across a post in a certain forum that caught my attention. It led me to log into facebook to have a look at Butterflies and Cakes’s main facebook page, and this is what I read:
“dear couples. please note that Butterflies and cakes is known for building and planning that special themed wedding. we do not entertain less than $3000 orders. as it will be under the common and ordinary category. those can be serviced by alot of normal florist. so please call us only if you are seriously interested in having a beautiful wedding. (don’t mean to offend our fans, but i had calls for castles, grand themes and with budgets of $1k-$2k) seriously.”
It was only after it drew some critisism from other facebook users that Butterflies and Cakes decided to remove the post some 2-3 hours after it was posted.
On the the 4th August 2012, Butterflies and Cakes posted an apology on their main wall on facebook. In it, the director of Butterflies and Cakes called “Dr” Fang pushed the blame to a “poly intern” who was the one responsible for the offensive post. However many facebook users were unconvinced about this, and when probed further, “Dr” Fang started to sound defensive and as expected, deleted the apology post along with all the comments and subsequently disabled all postings on the main facebook page.
There are a lot of unanswered questions that continue to linger.
1) If the initial post was indeed made by a poly intern, why were there so many grammatical mistakes made in both posts (initial + apology) that were so identical and similar? Spelling errors, double negatives and no capitals after fuil stops. Was it posted by the same person? A few facebook users questions about this went unanswered.
2) As a “Dr” in which was claimed, why was the command of English so poorly used? There was a vast difference between older posts made on the facebook page. On the company overview on facebook, Gerard Fang was stated as MR. It was recently changed to “DR”.
3) Why did you allow a poly intern (if there really was one) to make such sensitive remarks on the main facebook page? Shouldn’t all posts be “screened” or approved by upper management prior to public release, especially when it covers sensitive issues?
4) A facebook user pointed out, if this was meant to be a family business in the first place, why accept poly interns?
5) Why was the apology deleted, and the main facebook wall blocked from making users post comments if it truly was a blunder by a poly intern? Running away does not solve the problem at hand.
There are more to a beautiful besides cost, and if this was a tactic to upscale Butterflies and Cakes sales, it truly lacked judgement and foresight.
I have attached pictures of the postings made by Butterflies and Cakes for your reference.
I, for one, will never engage the service of Butterflies and Cakes for my wedding which is in the early planning stages.
A very unhappy and disappointed consumer.