News and views from an unique perspective

Posts Tagged ‘Block 539 Bedok North Street 3’

YSL Bedok Clinic gave overdose of cough mixture to 14 month old boy

Posted by temasektimes on November 28, 2017

A 14 month old was given an overdose of cough mixture at YSL Bedok Clinic and Surgery which caused him to be drowsy for two days!

(Source: Give.Asia)

According to the irate mother Belinda Lum who posted her terrifying encounter on fundraising platform Give.Asia, she took her son to the clinic at Block 539, Bedok North Street 3, #01-631, Singapore 460539 on 22 November to consult Dr Siew Man Gah who prescribed a bottle of Fedac co syrup to him.

She was allegedly told to give her son 10ml of the medication three times a day, instead of the standard amount of 2.5ml, after he “fell into very deep sleep”. She rushed him to Gleneagles Hospital, where he was given an antidote. He slept for 44 hours in total, and she had to feed him water through a syringe every hour to keep him hydrated.

(Source: Give.Asia)

The doctor at Gleneagle told her that if she had given the complete dosage as per prescribed for 3 times a day @ 10ml each time, her son will die!After Ms Lum called the clinic to tell them what happened, the clinic assistant retorted curtly:


“Immediately, I went down to the clinic and request to speak to the doctor, and understand from the doctor that this is not the first time they had negligence on their case: first time was wrongly prescribe ear drop as eye drop, and second was a patient at 106 years old with high blood wrongly prescribed with diabetic medication, which nearly kills the patient.” she wrote.

Ms Lum added she has lodged a complaint to the Singapore Medical Council and ended with a warning to the public:

“All I’m asking, is to let the general public knows about the negligence practice of this clinic, and please avoid at all cost!”

According to the Practo doctors listing site, the other doctor who works at the clinic is Dr Lau Boon Kwang and both of them have been practicing medicine for more than 20 years. The name of the clinic assistant who dispensed the medicine is not known.


Posted in News | Tagged: , , , | 1 Comment »